Please download and read the following Commitment form if you would like to be in our production of Bring it On!
To all Bring it On performers and their parents,
Each year students from Port Macquarie Performing Arts, present an annual production at The Glasshouse. In the past we have performed full length classical ballet productions of Swan Lake and Sleeping Beauty featuring our Classical Ballet students and in 2013 the 80’s musical FAME and in 2015 42nd St, 2017 Legally Blonde featuring our Musical Theatre students. In 2020 we are performing the musical Bring it On, on the weekend of August 21 & 22. All PMPA Musical Theatre Performance students from our 9- 10 years, 11 &12 years and Senior class will be involved in the production. Our Cheer class will also be involved.
Auditions will be held on October 16, 2019 from 4 – 5.30pm. All auditionees please arrive as close to 4pm as possible. This will be a closed audition in front of a panel only. All performers in IPP and JPP will be required to audition. Any of Musical Theatre performers are welcome also to audition however it is not compulsory. Please prepare 1 song to be sung without music either from the show, or in the style of the show. All auditionees will be required to complete a dance audition at 5pm. Costume is not required for the audition but performers are encouraged to attend in theme. Please bring a resume including headshot, this to be one page only – here is a sample – Sample resume for auditions
Callbacks will be held the following Wednesday with casting announcements made by the end of October. Performers will audition in front of a panel of industry professionals and PMPA staff, all decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Repertoire for Callbacks:
Danyelle: It’s all Happening from 2mins – 2.40secs
Campbell: Born to do from 2.20secs – 2.55secs plus Bring it on 1.55secs – end.
Eva: Killer Instinct 1.37 – 2.18
Bridget: First minute of It ain’t no thing
Male role: Do your own thing 2.40secs – 2.57 and /or Friday night, Jackson 1.30secs – 2min
During callbacks performers may be required to read scenes from the show.
All auditioning dancers will participate in a dance audition from 4pm – 4.20pm in studio 3. Callbacks will occur straight after this until 5.30pm.
Commitment to the musical is something we take seriously at PMPA as a production on this scale is something that requires 100% from all involved.
Therefore I write to inform you of the dates your dancer will be required for rehearsals and performances in the coming months and to ensure that both your family and your dancer understand the importance of this commitment for success of the show and the camaraderie of all the cast members.
- All Musical Theatre Classes during Term 4 of this term and Term 1, 2 & 3 of 2020 at your dancers usual scheduled time.
- Friday afternoon rehearsals in Term 2 & 3 2017 at studio
- Full Show Run at studio – Last Saturday and Sunday of the July school holidays 9am -5pm
- Full Show Run at studio – Sunday 2 August 9am – 5pm
- Full Show Dress Rehearsals at studio – Sunday 9 August 9am – 5pm
- Full Show Dress Rehearsals at studio – Sat 15 & Sun 16 August 9am – 5pm
- Full Show Dress Rehearsal at studio – Monday 17 August – 5pm – 8pm
- Full Show Dress Rehearsal at studio – Tuesday 18 August 5pm – 8pm.
- Full Show Dress Rehearsal at studio – Wednesday 19 August 5pm – 8pm.
- Theatre Tech bump in at Glasshouse – Thursday 20 August – 4pm – 9pm
- Theatre Dress Rehearsal and schools show – Friday 21 August – 9am – 3pmPerformances (dancers must commit to all performances, no exceptions):
• Performers fee – $95 to appear on your Semester 1 Invoice 202
Friday 21 August Matinee at Glasshouse – Performance for local schools – 12midday Saturday 22 August Matinee at Glasshouse – 2pm
Saturday 22 August Night show at Glasshouse – 7pm
• Costume Hire – $50 for the whole show show to appear on your Semester 1 Invoice 2020
- Performer T-shirt – $30 to be paid to office upon arrival of order, we will buy one for every cast member in the show and they should be here by start of 2020.
- All students will require at minimum two pairs of tan tights, 50 bobby pins, 50 safety pins, hair net the same colour as their hair. 9-12years Musical Theatre students will require tan jazz shoes and a tan coloured body stocking. Senior Musical Theatre students will require black sneakers and tan jazz shoes.
- Musical Theatre students will be required to purchase their own costume items for street scenes from local op shops in theme with the show. These items will include but will not be limited to a 2 x ‘getto’ school outfits, hat (baseball cap, beret or visor), sunglasses, school bag. Students will be given lots of photo examples of the kinds of items required in class time. These items must be at rehearsals from the start of Term 3 onwards.If you agree to all of the dates and costs involved please sign below, stating any known dates you will be absent. Please note: performers must be present at all full runs, dress rehearsals and all performances, no exceptions. We require this form to be completed by all dancers and returned to the office by the end of Term 4, 2019.
We look forward to seeing all of our dancers at the auditions and some new faces too!