Education Manager – Royal New Zealand Ballet
Associate teaching diploma – British Ballet Organisation
Bachelor of Creative Industries in Dance – Queensland University of Technology
Bachelor of Education in Drama – Queensland University of Technology
Masters in Arts Education (Dance Teaching) – Deakin University
Hello and welcome!
Prior to opening PMPA, I was teaching for the Royal New Zealand Ballet assuming the role of Education Manager, facilitating a nation wide education programme for dance. I grew up dancing in Wauchope under the instruction of Francessca O’Donnell with whom I gained my Associate teaching diploma from the British Ballet Organisation. I went on to dance professionally overseas and in Australian productions of musicals such as Grease, Gypsy and 42nd Street. In 2004 I graduated university with a Bachelor of Creative Industries in Dance and a Bachelor of Education in Drama from the Queensland University of Technology and since then have gone on to study my Masters in Arts Education through Deakin University majoring in Dance teaching.
Over the years I have taught students of all ages through to professional dancers at the peak of their careers and along with teaching strong technique my core teaching values centre around fostering each childs passion for dance.
Our school endeavours to foster a family atmosphere where the children work together as a team to enjoy the best possible experiences from their dancing.
A few fun facts to help you get to know Miss Stacey!
- Favourite Colour? Electric Blue.
- What age did you start dancing? Seven.
- What is your favourite style of dance? Ballet and Musical Theatre.
- Most loved dance you have ever choreographed? Armistice, my ﬁrst ever one act ballet.
- What is the best show/performance you have seen live? Bring it on the Musical, in New York City.
- Who was your mentor/ role model growing up? Lucinda Dunn and she still is.
- What is the most exciting contract/job you have taken in your dance career thus far? Working with the Royal New Zealand Ballet.
- If you could meet one performer from throughout history of any time period, who would it be? Gillian Murphy.
- Where is your favourite place in world? New York, and to be speciﬁc- the corner of 47th and 7th, where to you get the perfect view of all the lights of Times Square.
- Why do you love to dance? For me, dance is life. It is my everything and I am very lucky to be able to do what I love everyday.